Last Updated April 2018
Our commitment to our clients and others is to respect and protect the privacy and confidentiality of personal and business information that is entrusted to us in the course of rendering services to our clients. As Chartered Professional Accountants we are governed by Rules of Professional Conduct which have always and will continue to guarantee the privacy and confidentiality of your personal information.
We collect and use personal information generally to provide services for our clients and for the following purposes:
- To assist us in providing services pertaining to the preparation of your financial statements;
- For the preparation of your taxation and other returns as required for various governmental and other regulatory purposes.
- To advise you on personal financial planning, business and succession planning, valuation and other business and personal advisory services.
- To understand your needs and determine the suitability of other services we may be able to offer to you.
What Information Is Collected
We receive and store any information you enter on our website or give us in any other way, such as via telephone, electronic mail, online or otherwise. Here are the types of information we gather:
- Contact Information: We collect and retain personal contact information that you submit to us voluntarily and this includes, but is not limited to, your name, mailing address, web address, telephone number, and e-mail address. Such contact information may be used, for example, to communicate with you when necessary with respect to transactions and services. Additionally, we may collect contact information provided to us during any correspondence relating to customer support or providing you with products and services.
- Demographic Information: Our website provider may collect and store anonymous demographic information (such as your zip code), and use this data to tailor your experience on our websites, provide content that you might be interested in, perform general improvements to our website, and display the content according to your preferences. Such demographic information may be shared with partners, market researchers and other third parties on an aggregate, non-personally identifiable basis. No personally identifiable information will be linked to such aggregated demographic information that is shared with third parties.
- Other Information: Our website provider collects and stores certain types of information whenever you interact with our website. For example, servers track the type of web browser you are using and the page from which you link. Additionally, we log IP addresses (a unique number assigned to every computer on the Internet) in order to improve security, analyze trends and administer our website. Our website provider may track your movement within our website, the third-party website pages from which you were referred, access times and browser types. Our website provider uses this information to gauge the effectiveness of our website, track information for statistical purposes and to improve products and services. We may use such information for marketing purposes, and to display information to you that we believe might be of interest. In addition, such information may be shared with partners, market researchers and other third parties on an aggregate, non-personally identifiable basis. No personally identifiable information will be linked to such aggregated information shared with third parties. Our website provider may supplement the information you provide us by acquiring publicly or commercially available information as available in the public domain or from third parties, for instance, to verify your address or to update your information and to create a profile of your preferences and tie your personally identifiable information to information in the profile, in order to improve the content of the website for you or to inform you about products or services that we think will be of interest to you.
- Cookies: The website may use "cookie" technology for such purposes as enhancing your online experience by making it easier for you to navigate through the website and making certain features work better. Cookies are text files which are commonly deposited by websites on a user's hard drive when the user visits a website. The file identifies a user's computer and can record the user's preferences and other data about the user's website visit. We do not extract information about individual users during this process. Your web browser may enable you to disable cookies, but please note that certain services may not function correctly without it and your experience on our website may be hindered.
- Third Party Cookies: We may use third-party advertising companies to serve ads on our behalf across the Internet. These companies may collect and use information about your visits to this and other websites and your interaction with our products and services in order to provide advertisements about goods and services of interest to you. However, no personally identifiable information (such as your name, address, email address or telephone number) will be connected with such information. They may use information about your visits to this and other websites to target advertisements for goods and services and may be used to keep track of user response to each advertisement. These targeted advertisements may appear on our Websites or on other sites that you visit. The anonymous information is collected through the use of a pixel tag or cookies, which are industry standard technologies used by most major websites. If you do not want such companies to collect this information you may opt-out. Please note that if you delete your cookies, use a different browser, or buy a new computer, you will need to renew your opt-out choice.
- Telephone Recording and Monitoring: To ensure our customers receive quality service, we select phone calls for recording and/or monitoring. These calls, between our customers (or potential customers) and employees, are evaluated by supervisors and/or other representatives. This is to guarantee that prompt, consistent assistance and accurate information is delivered in a professional manner. In contacting us or purchasing our products or services, you hereby consent to any such call recording and/or monitoring.
How Personal Information Is Used
- Our Use: We receive and store any personal information you enter on our website or give to us voluntarily in any other way and, as permitted by law, may use it to contact you from time to time. We may contact you by telephone at the number your provided on registration, and may also send you information or offers from time to time to the postal address or email address we have on file. You further acknowledge that you are not required to agree directly or indirectly or enter into an agreement regarding our telemarketing efforts as a condition of purchasing any goods or services from us or our affiliates. If you would prefer not to receive marketing communications from us, you can unsubscribe from the emails at any time.
- Personal information that we collect will be stored and processed in Canada, the United states, and Europe, where it will be subject to the laws of that country.
- Agents and Service Providers: Our website provider may engage other companies, individuals, and affiliates to perform certain functions and/or services. Examples may include processing credit card payments, removing repetitive information from customer lists, and offering electronic mail services. Your contact and financial information may either be collected by or shared with such third parties as necessary. Our website provider may contract with service providers to provide data collection and reporting services. When you visit our website, those service providers may collect information on our behalf about you in order provide us with aggregated data about our customers to assist us in conducting our business and delivering the more relevant products and services to our customers.
- Disclosure Required by Law: We or our website provider may release account and other personal information when we are required to do so by law, court order, subpoena or other government or law enforcement authority or regulatory agency, in order to enforce agreements, or when we believe in good faith that disclosing this information is necessary or advisable, including for example, to protect the rights, property, or safety of us or our website provider or others. This includes exchanging information with other companies and organizations for fraud protection, credit risk reduction or other similar purposes. We may retain your information in our files after you terminate all your services with us to resolve disputes, enforce an agreement, and to adhere to the technical and legal requirements and constraints related to the security, integrity and operation of our website.
- Retention, Accuracy and Safeguarding
- In order to preserve the information for governmental and professional purposes, and to serve you better, we will retain and safeguard your information for as long as we determine is necessary, even if you are no longer a client.
- We will use appropriate technologies, and maintain high security standards to ensure the protection of your information. While we do employ up to date technology to protect your personal information when it is transmitted electronically, you should be aware that no electronic transmission can be guaranteed to be completely secure.
- You may, upon written request, review your personal information and request corrections if necessary. We are committed to maintaining accurate information, and urge you to notify us promptly of any changes in your personal information.
- We understand that, in the course of delivering our services, you may disclose to us personal information that you have collected regarding your employees, customers and other parties. We assure and commit to you that this information will be kept private and confidential and will not be released to any third party (other than as may be required by law) unless we first obtain consent.
- We will not collect, use or disclose your personal information without your consent. By providing us with your personal information for the purposes listed above, you consent to our collection and use of the information for those purposes. With respect to personal information that you provide for the preparation of your taxation and other returns, you consent to our transmitting such personal information to the appropriate governmental or regulatory authorities.
- If we wish to collect your personal information for purposes other than as stated above, we may request that you consent, verbally or in writing to such collection. Similarly, if we wish to use personal information that we have already collected for a purpose other than as stated above, we will seek your consent to such use.
- You have the right to refuse or withdraw your consent to the collection, use and disclosure of your personal information. In some cases, such refusal or withdrawal may prohibit or adversely affect the completion of our professional engagement. We will advise you if that is the case.
- In some limited circumstances, the law may require that we release personal information to regulatory bodies, governmental authorities and/or our professional organizations. We will notify you of any such required disclosures and provide you with the reason that obligates us to release the personal information.
- If you have any questions or comments about our member firm's policies and procedures regarding your privacy, we ask that you contact the us..